Monday, April 17, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,126 – (Monday) – some more of the same

Another Monday is done and it was a lot more of the same. Coffee. Work. Class. It all went pretty well, and that is a good thing.

It is impossible to know if it was the Monday sort-of holiday or leaving five minutes earlier to get to Fitchburg, but the traffic was much less horrible today. I hardly swore at all. Finnish class was fun. It seems like most of us in the class have taken some Finnish lessons before and the pace for this session is quicker than last fall. It feels like we’re blazing through the textbook.

Small art.
Yesterday after dance class I made a quick stop at Jeffrey’s Antique Co-op. I was looking for a felted wool art piece featuring birch trees that I saw a few weeks ago and didn’t buy because I didn’t like the frame. Later, I decided I liked it enough to change the frame, but in the classic case of “if you snooze, you lose,” it was gone. Some lessons are just not learned in a timely manner. 

Instead, I got three other small pieces that seemed like they might work in the kitchen. A rooster theme has developed on the kitchen wall over time, and one piece is a simple crate label featuring a rooster mounted on a piece of wood. <Insert adolescent rooster/kitchen/wood joke/comment of your choice here.> The other two pieces feature cows.  

Adorable Winston.
Of course, it hasn’t been as easy as just filling in some spaces on the wall, because the spots available aren’t quite a size match for the new pieces. No worries. The kitchen wall has already been rearranged several times, and it’s not like I’ve ever finished moving in or decorating. This is more of the same for my last three or four residences and just feels like a bit of "whatever." 

Winston is also in a "more of the same" trend. He is still specializing in sleeping, eating, and pottying. After a potty trip, he still does his little front paws tappy dance to demand a treat and prefers his bed turned inside out. I still find him delightful.


No comments:

Post a Comment