Friday, April 21, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,130 – (Friday) – prep

Parts
It was dress rehearsal day for the Earth Day performance, which meant gathering all the many costume parts to go with the 25-yard skirt. Yes, 25 yards of fabric, that's not me exercising poetic license. Plus a belt with shiny paillettes. And a top with shiny paillettes. And a hair flower or two, necklace, earrings, bracelet, zills and belt pouch. And shoes for dancing on concrete but not the floor in the yoga studio where we practice. 

At the event venue, there is no dressing area, so for tomorrow, that will mean dressing and driving with most of it on instead of shoved in a bag. Plus a full face of stage makeup. I always feel so self-conscious decked out in costuming while out of context. At the gig, bring it on, but on the way to or from the gig, by myself with no safety in numbers, I want to hide. I’ve probably seen too many “People of Walmart” photos.

I took a vacation day, which gave me most of the day "to prepare." Before it was time to leave for rehearsal, the day was spent on some loose ends like logging in to work to set my out of office auto responder that I forgot to set yesterday before I left. There was coffee drinking and some tidying up. The new vacuum was run and we're still in the honeymoon phase and it's swell. 

There was also a lot of “relaxing,” which today meant watching back-to-back episodes of HBO’s Perry Mason. Hair was combed and sort of arranged in some littlc clips. Makeup was applied, but not the full-face stage makeup of tomorrow, just enough to look like I planned to leave the house.   

Then it was off to rehearsal, which went well. The ride home went less well and reminded why I hate driving at night. It doesn’t happen all the time, but it happened tonight. The oncoming LED headlights on the narrow roads home  felt like a knife to the head, via my left eye. It was rather unpleasant. In a brutal way.

1 comment:

  1. Tammy you can come here to get ready for your performance.Aunt Jennie

    ReplyDelete