Saturday, April 15, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,124 – (Saturday) – food and stuff

The weather was nicer today than I expected based on the forecast. It was sunny and warm, but not as warm as Thursday and Friday and made for a most pleasant day out of the house.

Thrift shop haul.
There was a rehearsal scheduled for our Earth Day performance and my preferred route takes me past a church thrift shop that is open on Saturdays. I left early to have time to stop there. Church thrift shops are the best for actual thrift shop pricing. Today’s score was five frames and a blouse with a total under six dollars. I was looking for the ever impossible to find shallow soup bowls, but those were another case of "not today."

Rehearsal was good. For whatever reason, there are a couple spots in a couple dances I sometimes mess up, and one spot in one dance that I consistently screw up. Today was no different. I have one week to get it straight. After the rehearsal, we visited North Middlesex Regional High School to check out the stage area for the event.

Across the street from the event site is a shopping plaza with a Hannaford, where my $10 off a $25 coupon is due to soon expire. The cart was loaded with an overachieving $53 of stuff, including salad ingredients, Greek yogurt, ice cream, and extravagances including smoked salmon and jarred tikka masala sauce. Warm weather usually inspires me to want to eat crisp and refreshing salads, probably because I'm suddenly thinking about shorts, sleeveless tops, and the ever terrifying beach attire.

Definitely not pasta with
crispy artichoke slices.
Last month on this date, my friends and I were in Italy, and like most days since then, I’ve been pining over the food we ate. Today’s “I wish I could have this again” food memory was a pasta dish I had in Tivoli that had thin, super crispy artichoke slices. 

Tonight’s less exciting than a meal in Italy was a home-prepared salad with Feta cheese and balsamic dressing. The healthy supper was balanced (more like completely negated) by a 3.5 ounce Lindt milk chocolate bunny that was half-off at Hannaford. Oh, and a bowl of ice cream. 

The Netflix binge du jour is Barry. It’s very violent, obviously, with the lead character being a hitman and all. The thing that keeps me coming back to it is my favorite character, NoHo Hank, a Chechen mobster who manages to maintain a certain charming, innocent quality. Possibly the most adorable killer around.

No comments:

Post a Comment