Saturday, February 18, 2023

random truths – Day 1,068 (Saturday) – sponsor party

First stop - River Styx.
Today was a most unusual Saturday, with a schedule loaded with being social. The first stop was a class reunion planning meeting in Fitchburg at River Styx Brewery. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to relax and enjoy the beer menu or the pizza the team had delivered from Espresso because I was busy minding the time. 

Our meeting started at 2:00 and I needed to be out of there at 3:00. I had to get back home to take Win through his supper routine and then go right back out the door. 

There was an event tonight at Cobblestone's that began at 5:00. Event sponsors of Lowell’s Winterfest celebration were invited, and the bank was one of the sponsors. A two-piece band played and sang and a colleague and I attended an event at a nice restaurant I rarely have a reason or the budget to visit.

There were passed hors d’oeuvres of arancini, tuna something-or-other, and bruschetta. Buffet tables featured a cheese and veggie spread, pasta dishes, burritos, and chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. I piled burrito fillings onto a small plate and had bottled IPA which was nice, but not as great as the options I didn't taste at the brewery. It was delicious food and beer that I didn’t have to shop for or cook, so the evening was a big win in my book.

Burrito fillings - hold the wrap.
It was fun seeing our ad rep from the local paper, who I hadn’t seen since before the pandemic, the president of the Chamber of Commerce, bankers I rarely see on campus, and a couple bankers who used to be on our team but have gone elsewhere.

The best part might have been being home by 8:00. Being out with people is great, but dang, I like to be home afterward.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this blog it's nice to get out and about with friends, I too an early for bedtime @8:00 pm...dare I say we are getting old...

    ReplyDelete