Sunday, February 12, 2023

random truths – Day 1,062 (Sunday) – then and now

February 12, 2017
February 12, 2017 saw the front yard of The BungaLowell piled with snow. It had been a great winter for the free outdoor workouts. There were many sessions of putting on ski pants over my pajamas and digging out The BungaLowell, or as I sell it to myself, doing the “shovel my way to a beach body workout.”  

This winter season has been a very different story. There has been next to nothing on the home snow fitness front, and from what I’ve gathered in the minimal attention paid to the weather reports, the Tennessee saw more snow than Massachusetts this year.

February 12, 2023.
This morning, while Winston wandered the back yard, sniffing in search of the optimal potty location, I noticed green shoots coming up in the iris section of the flower bed. That felt most un-wintery.  

Aside from the recent brief spell of excessive cold, not much about this current winter season has felt wintery. I’m not complaining. Sure, there haven’t been any free shoveling workouts or snow shoeing, but as long as spring gets earthy and green and summer gets hot, Mother Nature and I will be on good terms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment