Thursday, February 9, 2023

random truths – Day 1,059 (Thursday) – suddenly hangry

The freezer continues to be jammed with containers containing mysterious contents. Earlier this week, a random container was extracted, and before removing the lid, it was decided to accept and work with whatever was dwelling inside. The container was placed in the less frigid refrigerator section to slowly defrost.

Sweet potatoes and stuffing.
Wednesday night, the container was breached. The bounty inside was cornbread stuffing with walnuts, apples, and onions. The first plan was to heat it up and throw some cheese on it, but by the time I dug some grated cheese out of the freezer, the idea had shifted. The next thought was to heat up the giant can of sweet potatoes in the cabinet and mash them with butter. Half of the stuffing and some of the sweet potatoes were eaten for supper. It tasted like Thanksgiving and Christmas all over again. 

Today, I was suddenly extra hungry and cranky at 10:30 a.m., which is when I realized I forgot to eat breakfast. It happens. Bananas and oranges sat in a bowl on the counter, but they were not appealing. 

It seemed a bit early, but the rest of the stuffing and all the rest of the sweet potatoes were set in the microwave and in two minutes it was time to chow down and ten minutes later I was feeling human again, in time for an 11:00 webinar training session. The microwave oven might my favorite modern convenience, especially when I am suddenly hungry, because “hangry” is a real thing and it lives in me, ready to pounce.


No comments:

Post a Comment