Tuesday, February 21, 2023

random truths – Day 1,071 (Tuesday) – mixed day

The day had a little of everything. It started with a bizarre dream that one of our branches, which was on my schedule to visit, was set up like a Caribbean resort with a huge food and drink counter, hot tub, and open-air courtyard. It felt a bit like a resort I once stayed at in Cabo San Lucas. It was wonderful and I didn’t want to leave. Or wake up. When I got up, it was to a steady snow that was pretty on the trees and grass and just wet on the pavement.

The workday began with a to do list, a large cup of black coffee, and a dose of determination. It launched immediately into a case of aggravation while logging in to the work system which froze as soon as I was in and having to start over. The process took close to 20 minutes. 

When I finally got into my email, there was an unexplained cancellation of Wednesday’s photo shoot which had taken too much effort to schedule and required nipping at heels like a chihuahua to extract minimal info to reschedule.  Having to play chihuahua is one of the things I absolutely hate having to do, and it seems to be required practically every day to gather enough information  to proceed with even the smallest of assigned tasks. The chihuahua routine danced headlong into an issue with a vendor program that first told me I needed to change my password, then locked me out after the password was changed.

By noon, the snowy covering on the trees had disappeared and they just looked like wet trees. Homemade chicken soup soothed the morning's agitation and the nonsense finally took a break. The afternoon's photo shoot went well. The branch visited after the photo shoot was nothing like the version of it in my weird and amusing dream. There was no bar/restaurant. No hot tub. No open-air courtyard. It wasn’t surprising, because I probably would have heard about it already if one of our branches featured such un-bank-like amenities.

Prizes for the day.
After work there was an event planning meeting, and after that, a stop at CVS. The side quest was a search for discounted leftover Valentine candy. 

Victory was achieved and the prizes were gathered. Two heart boxes of chocolates were bought at half off, along with two Cadbury caramel eggs that were on sale. Definitely a win to erase the weirdness of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment