Friday, February 17, 2023

random truths – Day 1,067 (Friday) – photos and chips

It’s the time of the year for location photos for an annual work project and today the photographer and I were at a museum. We started the photos outside under cloudy skies with some pretty even lighting. After about ten minutes, maybe less, who knows, it began to rain and we took it indoors.

Mesmerizing sand table.
There were some cool exhibits in the museum, one of which was a sand table with a metal ball and a magnet under the table that made the ball move around and create a design. I could have watched that thing all day. Well, for a while anyway. 

While the photographer was busy making images and our subject was busy being photographed, I was busy watching the sand table, looking at some contraptions of tubes, and quietly looking across the room and out the window. The trees whipped around wildly outside, and suddenly the rain was a lot heavier, slamming against the windows. It was nice to be inside. 

Periodically, the Photographer and I conferred on the images just shot and other spots for more photos, so the designer would have options. 

The wild weather didn’t last too long. By the time we finished and things were packed up, the rain was less enthusiastic.

Back at the office, there were still some Cape Cod chips left from “Snack and Share” Wednesday. I was surprised the Thursday folks didn't finish them off, but that was probably because I wasn't in the office on Thursday and my colleagues have more highly evolved levels of self control than I possess. 

The chips were there when I arrived and some were enjoyed for a morning snack, and they were still there when I got back from the photo shoot, but by the time I left, they were gone. It seemed wise to not have them hanging around over the long weekend where they could get stale and have to be thrown away. And seemed shameful to waste them. So there we have it. I ate all the rest of the chips.  

No comments:

Post a Comment