Sunday, February 5, 2023

random truths – Day 1,055 (Sunday) – FOMO

It appears there are two influencers in my Facebook friends. They may not claim “Social Media Influencer” as a career, but they probably could. It started this week with a post by a former colleague from my Kohl’s days. She listed all the amazing bargains she bought during the 50% off all clearance items sale that took place there this week. A day later, my cousin posted the incredible bargains she found in the clearance racks.

It was gnawing at me, the idea I might be missing out on some incredible, better than thrift store prices on brand new items. Fear of missing out dictated most of my life from about age 12 until I moved back from Tennessee, so I knew exactly what I was feeling. For years, I was convinced if I stayed home one single night, that would be the night the incredible thing, person, or event would happen and I would have missed it. So I went out, even when I was broke and exhausted. This weekend, it was easier to go to Kohl’s and check out the sale than to sulk and kick myself in the derriere from regret later. Saturday had a relaxed, two hour trip in the Kohl’s in North Andover, and Sunday saw another hour-and-a-half at the Kohl’s in Leominster after dance class.  

Sunday score.

Today’s shopping trip netted booties, casual shoes, two blouses, and a bright blue crossbody purse, all for $35. There have been too many occasions where I didn’t want to schlepp the big everyday purse but the smaller purses in the closet are too small to hold my phone and my keys, rendering them not so useful. Hopefully, that won’t be a problem any longer. The blouses will go with the pants bought Saturday.  

I'm no longer worried I'll miss out on the great sale that ended today. And now my life will be better. That’s how it works, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment