Tuesday, January 17, 2023

random truths – Day 1,036 (Tuesday) – coffee talk

The workday morning without coffee was rough. Much rougher than the Monday holiday without coffee, but that day I was running on adrenaline to get Winston to the vet.

Today’s remote work day meant there was no face-to-face interaction required. Yes, I could have carried my caffeine deprived self around the corner to Dunks for a coffee of any size. But, (and here come the excuses), the parking is next to nonexistent there and for six years I’ve seen cars having trouble getting in and out of the parking lot the size of a placemat. And yes, it’s close enough to walk, but also just far enough that the hot coffee would be cold when I made it back home. Top Donut was considered, just a bit further away, but I think they only accept cash, which would require a visit to the ATM. 

Herbal tea is not coffee.

This is the scope of mental debate that took place as I stood in the kitchen, clad in a purple bathrobe, hair wet from the shower, staring at the deceased coffee maker still on the counter. But, but, but. Had it been an office day, I would have stopped at one of three coffee shops downtown located near the office.

Wednesday is an in-office day, so the morning coffee crisis will be over. It will be a morning of living large with coffee shop coffee, likely with the gift card a friend gave me for Christmas.

The coffee maker ordered online is also scheduled to deliver Wednesday. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is glowing in a beautiful coffee color. And it will be most welcome, because the plentiful reserves of herbal tea are no substitute for coffee. And the next time I’m engaged in the grocery shopping hobby, instant coffee will be on the list. Just in case.  

No comments:

Post a Comment