Tuesday, January 3, 2023

random truths – Day 1,022 (Tuesday) – new low

It was a day of learning. Before work, as my nose was running, stomach was doing flip flops, and I felt cold while in three layers (base layer shirt, flannel, and cashmere), an email was sent to my doctor’s office through their portal of which they seem so proud and constantly recommend using. The portal works for me – a message is sent at my convenience and later during the day, someone sends an answer. Brilliant! No conversation required.

This morning’s concerns were: It’s the ninth day of symptoms and the home tests are still positive. Do I need to worry about this, and what about leaving the house?

Someone from the doctor’s office called me right away. It was during work hours and my mind was on work. The caller’s name was missed because my brain wasn’t checked in until “…from Dr. C’s office.” I grabbed a pen and rummaged for a piece of paper and mentally checked in at “blah, blah … couple more days …  fever … symptoms could be secondary cold or flu … blah, blah same treatment.”

The most interesting tidbit heard in its entirety was, “Some people can test positive as long as three months after COVID.” Wait, what? Wow.

She asked if I had a fever, but chills have been my issue, which was a new one for her.  With freezing as a starring symptom, temperature wasn’t taken, but after the call, it was. According to the reasonably new, used just three- or four-times digital thermometer, my temp, which is usually around 97.8 or so, was a new low of 96.7 degrees. 

Yes, it seems I am the ice queen and ice water does, indeed, move through my veins, likely at a slushy, glacial pace. Or that thermometer is broken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment