Saturday, January 28, 2023

random truths – Day 1,047 (Saturday) – slow start

It was impossible to get out of bed this morning. The plan was to attend the monthly Finnish Breakfast which requires getting up at 6:00, as if it was a work day and getting out the door around 7:30 or 7:45, which is earlier than a work day, to arrive on the early side of the event and before things sell out.

Winston the perky.
Today, despite planning on it for two weeks, I just couldn’t get up. The alarm went off and I snoozed it. And snoozed it again. After an hour of the snooze thing, I called Mom to tell her I wouldn’t be making the trip to breakfast and cancelled the snooze. Another hour of sleep was enjoyed. 

Finally, I donned my bathrobe, then peeled back the puffy comforter and awakened my little Sleeping Prince. His red and gray sweater was slipped over his head, but Winston still wasn’t feeling the get out of bed vibe. He slithered back under the comforter and disappeared.

The kitchen staff (me) got busy preparing Winston’s breakfast of kibble, chopped chicken, wheat germ, and warm water. The coffee was started, with a dash of cinnamon added to the filter basket. I returned to the bedroom to make the breakfast announcement and finally coaxed Winston out of bed by peeling back the comforter (again), stroking his silky head, and telling him that breakfast is served.

Once he finally got up, Win was extra perky today. Maybe the extra two hours of sleep helped. There was a lot of his cute front paw tapping and hopping. The “Look how cute I am” choreography is usually staged when company arrives and when he wants cookies or some of whatever I am eating. As often as it happens, the dance has not yet been captured on video. Despite the vision loss, Win seems to know when I’m trying to take his picture or a video and flees.

While Winston was full of pep after the slow start, my energy was zapped, despite the extra sleep. My butt dragged all day. So weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment