Friday, January 20, 2023

random truths – Day 1,039 (Friday) – snowy

After a mostly snow-free winter, we got a little bit of it last night. The morning featured a few inches of heavy wet snow perched on top of water from the rain that preceded the snow. It was messy, but the coating provided the look of the season.

School had a delayed start and traffic was so light as to be nonexistent. Despite a late start thanks to rearranging the heavy snow slush, I somehow managed to arrive at the office on time. There were six of us in the office, and we were all so busy it was as quiet as a tomb most of the day. Well, except for first thing in the day when the coffee I chugged in a hurry before leaving the house kicked in and made me super chatty. It happens. 

Snow fell all day.
Snow fluttered, floated, and steadily fell all day, but it didn’t seem to accumulate on the street or the sidewalks. At lunch, I walked to visit LaLa Books and get the book for February’s Boozy Book Club meeting. I forgot to pay attention and missed January’s book and meeting.

Back at the office, the zipper on my coat jammed and wouldn’t open at the bottom. I had to slide it off my arms, let it fall to the floor, and step out of it. Once liberated, I could look closely and see that the bottom two teeth on the zipper weren’t quite aligned and were stopping the slider from making it all the way to the end. I don’t even know how it zipped up. At the end of the day, I stepped into it and shimmied it up. Luckily it still zipped up, because the snow was still falling on the walk to the garage.


No comments:

Post a Comment