Wednesday, June 10, 2020

“Remoted” – Workday 64 / Day 86 (Wednesday)



Peony!
The peony in the back yard is blooming. That is pretty much the news of the day. It grows next to the lilac that was put in three or four years ago that still hasn’t flowered yet, and the companion peony on the other side of the lilac doesn’t look like it will flower this year. That particular flower bed, in a corner near the shed, is suddenly looking overgrown and crowded, so it will be part of the future flower thinning and relocation project. The soil preparation for the intended planting spot along the fence began today with the spreading of a collection of several days' used coffee grounds. Now Moose sniffs the ground there and chooses to pee elsewhere. It’s interesting, because every morning he sniffs my coffee with great interest and I have to intercede to keep him from licking it out of the cup. 

Proof I should have lived
in the 1920s.
Beyond that, it was a largely nondescript day. There was the usual work and the bi-weekly Sales and Marketing team video meeting. The weather was pleasant. Only two mini-Chucks were spotted this morning, rolling about on the ramp to the shed. The dogs were quiet and napped most of the day. It’s the best time of year when it’s light out until nearly 9:00 p.m., and yet, I’ve been inside watching the Downton Abbey movie (finally) and a film about the ballerina Dame Margot Fonteyn (“the most famous dancer England ever produced”). Ahhhh, the lives I should have had in the times I should have lived – wealthy British family, world famous ballerina. The closest I will have been to either one of those is some 1920s style dresses rotting in my closet from lack of use, my old pointe shoes and some old ballet costumes, and too many hours watching stories about other people’s lives on my TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment