Thursday, March 21, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,465 – (Thursday) – all good

In a last-minute decision, I went into the office today instead of working remotely. We have a minimum number of days to be in-office, but we can go in extra days anytime. Kiki didn’t care. After the daily adoration of Kiki ceremony, she disappeared behind the couch.

I tossed some of Wednesday’s delicious supper leftovers into a container. Rice, black beans, veggies, and pretend meat with queso and salsa is this week’s preferred meal. There were two batches of it made and three hearty meals of it this week, and I just can’t seem to get enough of it. The lunch container was set into my bag, and off I went. All good.

It turned out that I was the only person on my floor and luckily I remembered my alarm code. My spidey senses must have been working, because the seldom-used code popped into my head while in the elevator, about five seconds before I needed it. Being alone in the suite used to freak me out, but now, I am unbothered. First thing in the day, there was a message about some issues with remote access that I might have been dealing with from home and I felt like maybe I’d dodged a bullet. All good.

The wind, which has been howling for what feels like months, was rattling the roof. I kept waiting for a skylight to blow out or the roof to open like a ragtop convertible, but luckily, my overblown fears were not realized. Overall, it was a pleasant day. There were Teams chat messages, a Zoom meeting, many emails, and ad approvals and deliveries. Overall, progress and mild satisfaction. The day far exceeded the usual benchmark of tolerable. Many of them have, and I’m declaring the revised benchmark a success. All very good.

The behind the chair hideout.
At home, Kiki lounged on the chair. Until I approached her in slow motion to greet her with head and cheek rubs, anyway. After a few seconds of that, I stepped away and she silently glided off the chair and curled up between the chair and the drum bag that lives behind the chair. 

I wonder to what extent the roundworm situation and now the medicine from yesterday are affecting how she feels. I also wonder how long she had the roundworm before it was diagnosed. It’s possible I’ve never yet seen her feeling her best. She can say the same for me. Someday, hopefully soon, we'll both be feeling our best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment