Friday, March 1, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,445 – (Friday) – a friday

Fancy dresses in a storefront window.
It was sunny and bright during the drive downtown, and I remembered the sunshade clip-ons for my glasses. There was just enough traffic for some light sightseeing. On Bridge Street, once empty storefront windows were filled with shiny mannequins dressed in brightly colored sparkly dresses and gowns, near the locations of the former men’s formalwear shop and a women’s fashion shop. 

Now I want an excuse to wear a formal dress. Not really. Not just now. I always want an excuse for wearing a fancy dress and almost never have one. There is a very fancy life hanging in my closet, waiting to happen.

It was quiet at the office with only three of us in the suite. We had a couple visitors today, one from our tech team, and another from a branch in New Hampshire and it was nice to chat with guests for a few minutes.

Despite my best intention to get out of the office for a break and a walk downtown, I never left the suite. For most of the day, I never even left my seat. It was another fitness fail.

After work, there was an errand at Walgreen’s on Bridge Street which involved heavy traffic on the street I usually deliberately avoid. The quality time spent on the bridge didn't include any interesting sights. Walgreen’s is next to a Market Basket, and the magnetic pull was too strong to resist. I went in.

There was a loose idea to get something from the prepared foods area for supper, but nothing that didn’t involve standing in a rather long line appealed to me. There was wandering the perimeter of the store and soon my basket was filled with delicacies. There were mandarin oranges, lobster cakes, cheese ends, and jalapeno and cherry dip. While gathering all the things, it became obvious I was hungrier than I thought.

At home, Kiki was reclining on the steps. I was looking for her, but didn’t see her until she meowed. She may have been saying hello, or maybe she was afraid I'd step on her. A black cat on a dark green carpet in dim lighting is not always visible. It’s a good thing I wasn’t racing upstairs to change into some comfy loungewear or it could have gotten crazy.

Kiki let me pet her a little bit, and then she was done. When she pulled away from my hand, I commended her for her communication skills and stopped. I left her alone and stood over the insanely hard puzzle. After three pieces were set, I quit while I was ahead. Maybe in another month it will be done. Or not. I might just bust it all up and donate it back to the thrift store I bought it from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment