Saturday, March 2, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,446 – (Saturday) – draggin' and experimenting

There have been a couple weeks of feeling not so great. Not sick, but not quite right. Always too cold. The lunar year of the dragon rolled in a couple weeks ago and I had been draggin’ arse.  

This morning, I woke up at 6:30. The weekend alarm time isn’t even until 7:00, but I got up anyway. Coffee was made, and while sitting on the couch I suddenly realized I felt better than I have in a couple weeks. I’ll take it.

I felt human enough to call Mom and make plans to meet her out for a while. We tidied and restocked the booth at the co-op, and browsed the other booths. There were some cute cat collars and harnesses in one booth, but I haven’t been close enough to Kiki for long enough to do anything wild like measure her neck or chest. Then, we visited a consignment shop in Leominster that features home décor but couldn’t find anything to send money on. On my way back home, I went to Aldi. The closest ones to my house are about 30 minutes away in New Hampshire, which is just far enough away to make it feel like a pain in the butt, but when I’m out meeting Mom or my sister, I pass the exit for the one in Leominster, so it’s easy to stop.

There has been a cat bed that people have been raving about and posting photos of their beloved feline pets lounging upon in the “Aldi Aisle of Shame” Facebook group. The flyer this week listed some loafers just like a pair I’ve been eyeballing on Amazon, but at half the price. So, obviously, I had to stop. A small amount of groceries were gathered before I arrived at the “aisle of shame,” a label that amuses me. There was one pair of brown loafers in my size, and none in the bone color I wanted. The brown were bought. There were no pet beds, just some cute puffer dog coats that would have been adorable on Moose or Winston back in the day.

Back at home, I hovered over the puzzle, then changed and went to the gym. Two miles were done on the treadmill at a blistering pace, followed by ten minutes in the massage chair.

Salmon and roasted veggies.
For supper, veggies were roasted – cubed turnip and butternut squash, quartered brussels sprouts, thick slices of onion. Salmon was sautéed with some unseasoned bits set aside for Kiki just in case she is interested. There hasn’t been any experimentation with people food before now. 

While dinner prep was underway, Kiki had relocated to the living room chair. When I approached, slowly, salmon bits in hand, she fled behind the couch. Two hours later, that’s where she remained. It's better than in the box spring.

The salmon bits are now in a little dish near her food dish. Kiki eats at night after I’m in bed. She never eats all the food in her bowl, which is measured to the recommended amount for her dainty seven-pound size. She won’t take treats from my hand, but the ones that are planted in the hidey bed I’ve seen her in only once, in the carrier I’ve never seen her in, and on the scratcher pad that appears to be unscratched, are gone each morning. This evening’s plantings are new treats from Aldi, so we’ll see how that goes. This whole thing is an experiment. 

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, you cousin Teresa makes beautiful cat beds. Maybe you can contact her

    ReplyDelete