Thursday, December 7, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,360 – (Thursday) – oversampled

Night three of being out and it was another winner. The City of Lowell Culinary Celebration was at Lowell Memorial Auditorium and I was lucky to be able attend for the Bank. 

Imagine if you will … 17 restaurants from Lowell with food samples. And I sampled. Chinese food, Dominican, Barbecue, Greek, American and some that I don’t even know what they were but they were delicious. I didn't sample them all. 

At 7:00, Booty Votex took the stage. I’d heard of them but never heard them. Imagine if you will … an 11-piece band filling the stage. Lots of brass. Lots of green shiny fabric. Disco music that sent me back to all those nights at Cathay Island in Leominster, Valentino’s in Fitchburg, Faces in Cambridge, and whatever that place was called in the old Worcester Galleria. Such good times. 

Booty Vortex!

From the first song, Booty Vortex had people on the floor from pre-teens to retirees. Some people came to the venue prepared to dance to this band. There were silver lame jeans. Sequins. Serious disco moves. I did not join the action on the floor. Because I failed to pace myself, I was too full of plantains, pad thai, spring rolls, Greek meatballs, pulled pork, and more. 

Instead of running reconnaissance for an overview of the offerings, I dove in fork first at the first table I arrived at. Had I approached things in a strategic manner, I would have learned that there was a ring of food tables in the outer hallway, and another one inside the main hall. Duh. Rookie move. 

Upskirting the
smokestack tree.
With luck I won’t need to eat again until Monday. The food coma should be gone by then.

On the way home, I drove down Cabot Street to check out the Wannalancit smokestack tree up close. Like, from pretty much underneath. It was on the way, there was no traffic and plenty of parking spots, so yes please. 

All in all, it was another good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment