Tuesday, December 12, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,365 – (Tuesday) – work and laughs

Last week,  multiple nights with after work activities had me confused about what day it was. Today, it was going in to the office on what is usually a remote day that had me a bit sideways. 

There was a photo shoot in the suite this morning and I invited each of the ten bankers scheduled so I wouldn’t feel right not being there to greet them. There are sometimes location shoots that I coordinate that I have to miss, including one last week when I had a medical appointment, and I always feel a bit guilty about not being in attendance when I was the point of contact and organizer.

I nearly forgot my lunch as I headed out the door for the office on a regular remote day, but I remembered and visited the refrigerator to grab some tortellini and sauce. At the office-office, colleagues and I chatted about the day ahead of us and things after work and I realized I had forgotten my notebook  for my board meeting after work. It's the notebook where the attendance spreadsheet lives and where I record the meeting notes, and it was at home in the cubby slot where it belongs and not in the pile of notepads I stuffed into my work bag.

The day moved along smoothly. Everybody on the photo schedule showed up and the photos went well. Other projects moved along. An orders for banners was placed. Invoices were requested from a couple vendors for year-end processing.  


The board meeting after work was quick. Eight of us attended in person and several more were attending via Zoom. The meeting was followed by our annual holiday gathering with pizza, a cheese board, olives, chips and homemade guacamole, and homemade fudge, plus wine and cider spread out on the conference table with the seasonal centerpiece with the bowl of Hershey nugget candies. 

We sat around the conference table and laughed at the stories told to us by a fellow board member who could easily do standup comedy. There were hilarious tales from grade school with the nuns and work hijinks from various jobs. The laughs were much needed because there certainly isn’t enough laughter in the world most days and it was nice to relax for an hour and talk with people. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment