Monday, December 4, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,357 – (Monday) – lobby

Lobby sliver.
I had the pleasure and joy of visiting the office of an oral surgeon today for a consultation. The building was large, and when I walked into the reception area, it felt like walking into the lobby of a hotel or an inn. There were armchairs, loveseats arranged to form triangles, and toss pillows, lamps, and plants. The colors and textures were pleasing and the thought danced through my head that the place certainly felt expensive. 

In addition to the expertly chosen artwork that provided a feel of elegance, class, and coordination, there were three portraits on the wall. Each was matted and framed with an expensive piece of paper below the photo declaring the subject a graduate of "Boston University" (2) or "Universitas Tuftensis" (1). No Harvard? Hmmmm.

A trip to the restroom was needed. It was papered in a smooth deep blue-green wall covering in a pattern that looked like a  crocodile or alligator skin texture. The door and frame were painted in a matching solid color. 

Color looks much
deeper in real life.
I spent too much time in the restroom admiring the wallpaper and the paint and tried to photograph it because I really liked the color and the pattern. I wanted to remember it and maybe even hunt it down, but it came out several shades lighter and less impressive in the photos. 

After the rest room, I had barely sat on a loveseat and hadn’t yet formulated a plan for a discreet lobby photo before the assistant was calling me to the exam room.

The consultation was quick. I was there for barely five minutes, but a lot of big medical words were said. They all began with “possible” followed by variations that ended in “oma.” My dental hygienist, the reason I was there in the first place, was commended for her sharp eye. 

The whole thing was a blur. Nothing is definite and the only way to know anything for certain is a biopsy, so I get to go back in a couple weeks so tissue can be cut from my mouth. Can’t wait. Maybe I can get a lobby picture and more accurate bathroom wallpaper and paint image.

No comments:

Post a Comment