Wednesday, December 13, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,366 – (Wednesday) – time flew

The day flew by. It began early when I woke up at 5:00, stressed out over some dumb thing and couldn’t get back to sleep. At 5:30, I gave up and got up. Instead of using the extra hour of awake time for something productive, I read news and drank coffee, solved Wordle in three guesses, and forgot to do a morning Duolingo lesson. The next thing I knew it was time to leave for work. It kind of snuck up on me.

Festive floral.
The office day kicked off in a big way with with an amazing breakfast spread, prepared and presented by the two top managers on the floor. There were fresh donuts from Market Basket, procured by one of the bosses immediately after they were put out at the bakery. Market Basket has such great donuts at their bakery that they sell really quickly, but our boss knew the timing and showed at the strategically timed moment. The healthier fare included cider, orange juice, Greek yogurt (two flavors) and fruit. The hot dish stars were the Bank-famous French toast casserole and a quiche casserole. It was all delicious. A beautiful table arrangement with white roses, hydrangeas and seasonal accents, left from an event yesterday, rounded out the holiday scene. 

Powered by the fabulous sustenance, it was nose to the grindstone at the desk. The hours flew by. Words were deleted and rearranged in that fun task called editing. Ok, it’s fun to me. I realize it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

There were conversations about campaigns and shock and awe over a couple ad and flyer requests that came in with ridiculously short deadlines. Suddenly, it was a surprise to see it was few minutes past 5:00. Cuh-razy. Time had snuck up on me again.

It was a sprint through the darkened streets to the garage, but mostly because that is my usual pace when my leg isn’t being an annoyance and luckily today it was not. There was no real reason for the rush, it was more that I could walk really fast, so I did. Once home, the dishwasher was emptied and then  it was lot of relaxing, also known as sitting on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment