Sunday, July 17, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 861 (Sunday) – summer sunday

The day was sunny and on the hot side. The weather has been spectacular, and a recent weather report linked it to the ongoing drought. The lawns and plants may be scorched, but the rest of it is on the amazing side of things. The additional benefit is, the less it rains, the less often I need to mow.

There was a 30-minute visit to the fancy big Market Basket for provisions and produce. I remembered to wear a light hoodie to keep from freezing inside the store. The ultimate shopping victory was the hit to the wallet was a mere $18. It would have been a bit more if I hadn't forgotten ice cream. It was on the list in my hand the whole time. 

Snackin' salad.
Once back in the kitchen, a salad of chopped cabbage, broccoli, carrots, raisins, and sliced almonds with a mayo-vinegar-sugar  dressing was assembled. Winston, the steadfast kitchen assistant, stood at my feet and was rewarded with crunchy cabbage bits, carrot coins, and broccoli stem slices. The salad was set in the fridge to chill and promptly forgotten. 

The budget-friendly, minimal shopping meant there still wasn’t a lot to work with for lunches and suppers during the week. Tonight's supper solution was an online order with the preferred pizza delivery joint and within 30 minutes, a large cheese pizza and a steak and cheese sub were delivered. Half the sub was supper with the remainder designated as office lunch for Monday. The pizza slices were individually wrapped in foil and set in the freezer for grab and go lunches.  

Somewhere between the salad prep and the delivery order, I forgot I had bought corn for supper with the salad. Tomorrow after work, memory willing, shucking and boiling activities will commence.

The chilled salad, once remembered, made for a nice little snack in a ramekin while watching Prime video. Since finishing Mad Men earlier in the day, the current selection is the series The Summer I Turned Pretty. References to Boston, Newton, and Yarmouth keep it interesting. The series’ online info indicates that the setting of fictional Cousins Beach was “inspired by Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, the Hamptons, and Nags Head in North Carolina” and a house in Wilmington, North Carolina was the filming location. Yes, I almost always look up the cast and info for whatever is on the screen. I have no idea how I watched snows before on-demand, pause, and the Internet in my hand, but I swear, one day I will watch a show without looking up info on the laptop or the phone. Today is not yet that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment