Sunday, July 31, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 875 (Sunday) – prep day

Laundry launched the day with the routine washing of the sheets. Even the bed pillows were washed and after they ran through the dryer, they were twice as thick and puffy. There is a good chance I’ll suffer a neck injury (or worse) while sleeping tonight. Just in case I wake up Monday morning incapacitated from the potential murder pillow, the trash and yard waste bins are already at the curb.

Photo matting.
Photos were matted. Photos were framed. The dining room table is strewn with backboards, window matts, clear bags, and frames. I should probably tidy up the table clutter before bed. That way, if I need to call emergency services for help getting out of bed in the morning, my embarrassment and humiliation won’t need to expand to include a messy house. Maybe I should leave the front door unlocked so if I do need to call the EMTs at least they won’t need to bust the door in. It could be a case of overreacting, but I would bet that these are the rational and practical thoughts of people of a certain age who live alone. 

The rose bush in the front yard bloomed beautifully this summer. Unlike every other bush on the street, including a row of them across the street which have been taunting me while in continuous bloom for months, mine is a one and done blooming plant. It looked spectacular and then it suddenly looked overgrown and crazy. Long branches that were sticking out all over the place were trimmed today (more like hacked with the loppers) in time for yard waste pickup. I remembered to wear yard gloves, but had on a short sleeve shirt. By the time I was done, my arms were mildly perforated, reminding me why long sleeves are preferred for the task. Some early lessons don’t stick, apparently.

Quinoa bowl and baklava.
A lack of ambition required to turn pantry ingredients into food led to a delivery order from my favorite local pizza joint. An absence of cravings led to an exploration of the menu and ordering an item labeled “new.” The Quinoa Chicken Bowl, described as “A mixture of brown rice, edamame, red quinoa and vegetable blend with tomatoes, cucumbers and grilled chicken on top” was delicious. So was the baklava that was ordered mostly just because it's on the menu. Part of the quinoa bowl was portioned out for lunch on Monday. Being prepared feels good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment