Friday, July 15, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 859 (Friday) – yard gifts

Winston's chicken.
Sometimes things just show up in the yard. Once, in Tennessee, there was a shed snake skin in the middle of the front lawn. I spotted it while mowing and it took a good while of me looking at it from afar before I figured out it was an empty skin. For months I wondered where the snake it once covered was hiding. 

After seeing turkeys in the yard for years, one day several large turkey feathers were scattered about the front yard. It was the only time any turkey feathers were found. 

Stalker balloon.
One day, there was a dried up squirrel pelt near the front door. Another day, Winston had a raw, dirt covered chicken breast. Maybe he expected me to cook it for him. I didn't. 

At The BungaLowell, yard treasures have been few and varied. There was once a torn off third of a dollar bill on the front lawn. One morning, a birthday balloon on a string with a weight at the end bobbed directly in my face when I opened the kitchen door to let the dogs out. It was startling and creepy. It was shooed off the landing and a few minutes later, it bobbed outside the kitchen window as if looking in at me. It floated and bobbed around the yard, then back through the gate to the driveway. It finally disappeared, perhaps to terrorize someone else. 

Some bunny's tail?
A couple years ago, a weird letter with an invitation for “passionate love” appeared in the mailbox with instructions to leave my response under the flowerpot. Also creepy.

Thursday morning, there was a cotton ball sized fluffy puffy bit in the driveway. It was brown on the bottom, white on the top, and looked just like the tail that was on the little bunny seen recently in the back yard. 

The brown and white fluffball sat on the asphalt and fluttered in the gentle breeze. Since seeing it, I can’t stop wondering if there is a bunny running around missing its tail and if it will come back looking for it. Maybe it's the bunny version of "I've got your nose" gone wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment