Tuesday, March 15, 2022

 “Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 736 (Tuesday) – eyeing victory

There has been a small victory. For a week, I had been eyeballing a new pair of eyeglasses on the Eye Buy Direct website. These are clearly a luxury item, as I already have at least six pairs of glasses in my current prescription (maybe more, and why are they called pairs?). There are also several pairs of prescription sunglasses.
Already have upper left,
center right, and lower right.

Maybe it should now be referred to as a collection. Collecting is an interesting diversion. Until it turns into hoarding, anyway. I already own 50% of the glasses featured in one recent ad.

This morning’s triumph was one for the wallet. Eyeglasses sold online are generally at a significantly lower cost than those in a shop, which, even with the so-called benefits of my vision coverage, still cost about $300. I have gotten two pairs for as low as $150 online, which is how having so many pairs is justified. 

The new frames I liked were half-off and the lenses boosted the price to $80, which is a great price, but I needed to feel like I scored a win. The rest of life is rather lackluster, and small victories, even if silly, make a difference.

The new ones
are in this list.
There are daily emails from the seller with discount codes for 25% or 30% off, but each time a code was entered, a message said it wasn’t valid on frames already on sale. I could afford to wait it out. They aren’t a necessity. The frames in the shopping cart were checked regularly for a change in price, usually on the living room recreational laptop or my phone.

This morning, the website was checked on the home office laptop. It launched into a series of automatic coupon searches affiliated with a credit card. The next thing I knew, there was another $20 knocked off the price and express shipping was suddenly included for free. Bingo! That, plus a percentage in cash back through Rakuten and now we’re talking shopping triumph. The checkout button was activated. The glasses were ordered. The next phase of the operation will be the “track my order” feature for the next couple weeks until they arrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment