Monday, March 14, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 735 (Monday) – big chill

Temps in the 40s outside,
system on cool inside.
In today’s weather, the sky was clear and blue, the temperature was in the mid-to-high 40s and I was in the office-office and freezing. All day. The office thermostat read that it was 74 degrees and the system was on “cool.” The “cool” setting explained the York Peppermint Patty sensation of chilled air permeating the space. 

The last time I asked about the system running on cool in the winter the answer was something like “blah, blah, smart building, blah, blah, building gets warm and system goes to cool, blah, blah.” All I know is 74 degrees on the cool setting in the office is colder than 68 degrees with the heat on at my house. While the office thermostat has buttons, it can't actually be adjusted.

The situation of being thoroughly annoyed at feeling cold was exacerbated by a couple factors. First, I was appropriately attired in three winter layers (base cami, long sleeve knit shirt, and a winter jacket) and should not have been cold. Second, the recent disappearance of the water machine has cut me off from the endless daytime supply of hot water which at lease makes me feel like I have some control. It used to be conveniently located ten steps from my desk. Trudging from the desk to the machine at the  opposite side of the floor is just too easy to not do. My office hydration is greatly affected by convenience.

At home, feeling cold continued. Immediate access to all the food in the house developed into an immediate feeding frenzy in a misguided effort to be warm. The cooking and the eating and the heat of the stove didn’t help. Several cups of hot Raspberry Zinger tea helped a little. 

Possible lies.
One weather headline is promising skyrocketing temperatures in the Northeast. Another source shows a high of 59 for Wednesday in the ten-day forecast, which doesn’t feel very much like skyrocketing. For now, I’m just waiting for it to be time put on the nice warm jammies and crawl into bed under the blanket, comforter, and wool blanket. 


No comments:

Post a Comment