Wednesday, December 1, 2021

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 625 (Wednesday)

This morning, while getting ready for work, I had an idea that seemed like a great topic, if not to write about, at least to think about. In the brief time it took to pour coffee into the cup, it was gone. Forgotten. Evaporated. I sat on the couch with my coffee trying to remember the thing I had thought just a couple minutes earlier.

These need to make a comeback.
This happens sometimes and is why I interrupt and blurt out things when people are talking. If I have to wait for the polite conversational opening to speak, often, the thought is gone before it’s time to participate in the conversation. This is why talking with people who talk slowly is painful to me. And probably them too, dealing with all the interruptions. My colleagues probably think I’m the rudest person on the planet when I blurt things out in meetings or regular conversation. 

It might make sense need to wear a notebook with a little pencil as jewelry so I can write notes as things occur to me. With luck, it could inspire the resurrection of the little dance card and pencil that ladies had at fancy gatherings in the 1930s or so. Sure, it will probably look weird while in a conversation, suddenly writing things down like a creeper spy, but all the other forgetful people would understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment