Friday, July 24, 2020

“Remoted” – Workday 96 /Day 130 (Friday)


Friday vacation day. The morning included itching and redness at the site of the sting from the angry little bee earlier in the week. It hurt when the sting happened, then it was fine all day yesterday, but this morning was a whole new situation. Of course, I finally scratched it (quite aggressively) and now it looks like my arm has been mauled by a bear.

Coggshall Park, Fitchburg.
I headed out for a meetup with Mom and we visited a couple consignment shops in Leominster in a search for home décor and linens for our respective dwellings. I would like a small shelf to set on a counter so the coffee jar can go on it and the filters can go under. I know such a thing exists, but now that I want one, I can’t find one anywhere. If I had any woodworking skills (and tools) I would just make it myself. Mom is looking for something for a wall in her small hallway. We failed in our efforts.

Next up was meeting my sister and 2/3 of the nieces plus their dog at Coggshall Park for brief visit. There were gajillions of bugs on the surface of Mirror Lake and the fish were jumping, and there were turtles reclining on rocks and geese in a cluster, so that was some nice wildlife time in the city.

Got the crown.
After all the preliminary fun, it was time for the main event – the dentist. Because, what's a spectacular vacation day without a trip to the dentist? Oh, it's just me? The third time was the charm and the crown installation finally took place. There is concern about a shadow at the base of the root of the freshly crowned tooth and the future potential need for a root canal. For now, we are “watching it.” What the actual hell? Just like every other time I’ve been in the chair, much of what Dr. L said whizzed right over my head. In addition to not knowing dental-speak, I needed to pee and I was hungry.

On the way home, the Market Basket parking lot was half empty so I pulled in, tossed caution to the wind, ignored both the "don't shop without a list" and the "don't shop hungry" rules, and spent twice as much money as "planned" when I chose a fairly random budget number. Several extraordinary items somehow found their way into the cart to boost the total including a container of fresh Lentil soup, Tuscan wheat bread, bakery cookies, frozen pizza, and multiple containers of ice cream. Ugh. I hate when I forget to do the math thing and then get surprised at the register. It didn’t help that it was hours past lunch and I still hadn't eaten. I don’t even remember what specific item I wanted that compelled me to stop but I think it was the kalamata olives in olive oil that I can't find there anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment