Tuesday, July 14, 2020

“Remoted” – Workday 88 /Day 120 (Tuesday)


Stylish storm pup.
Another ordinary day in an ordinary life. There was work and eating and an online class in astrology charts. After eating ice cream and potato chips for supper, the Amazon Pantry delivery arrived with the order that includes the packet of brown gravy mix to be used with sour cream to make meatballs with the frozen Gardein meatless meatballs, which are really good. That was the plan back on Saturday when I ordered the gravy, anyway. It’s several days later and I’m less in the mood for it now, so that gravy packet could sit in the cabinet until Christmas of 2025, who really knows.

Every time the dogs barked today, I hoped it was gravy for meatballs, but that wasn’t the case. The box also contained two big cannisters of coffee where I meant to order one, but it was a good price, so I’m not feeling too badly about it. It also had mixes for instant iced tea and lemonade, ordered because on Saturday when I was sitting around sweating I really wanted a glass of iced tea/lemonade. Now it’s Tuesday and I’m chilly enough to be wearing long sleeves and socks and I don’t really care about it anymore.

It rained and thundered several times during the day. We need the rain and I find thunder kind of cool, but the dogs are not such fans. Moose was a little freaked out and shaking during the approach of the first storm so he wore the Thundershirt most of the day.

The pepper in the window.
Not a bat. Not a cocoon.
I freaked myself out with a pepper, so that was slightly entertaining and maybe Moose didn't feel so self conscious when he was freaked out with the weather. By way of explanation, last night I hung a jalapeno pepper from dental floss in a kitchen window to dry out. Yes, dental floss – there is no string here and I already used the gift wrap ribbon tying up the rose bush last month or whenever that was. This morning, whilst (new favored word) not quite awake and headed into the kitchen to make coffee, I caught a glimpse of the pepper in the window and thought it was a bat hanging from the curtain rod. That was exciting. Later in the day, I spotted it again and thought it was a big cocoon. I may need a different and faster way to dry this pepper because my heart might not be able to take it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment