Sunday, July 26, 2020

“Remoted” – Day 132 (Sunday)


Freshly made omelet muffin cups.
At 2:00 this afternoon I wished it could always be Sunday at 2:00 in the afternoon. Well, I mean, if it can’t always be Saturday night. Two o’clock arrived after a highly unusual morning of sleeping in until 8:15. Moose never lets that happen. He usually barks me out of bed by 6:30. There was coffee and a late breakfast of freshly made omelet muffin cups and goofing on the computer and Facebook.

While wandering around the house semi-aimlessly, it felt like time spent on many vacations with no schedule and no real responsibilities. It was a good feeling. In a couple weeks, while on staycation I hope to have many more moments like that.

There was time spent scanning the bookcases in search of a book to read on the deck, but four bookcases are currently offering nothing I’m in the mood for. I don’t really even know what I’m in the mood for, just that I’m not finding it in my book collection. Titles were rejected because I’ve already seen the cable series based on the book, already read the book, or not in the mood for non-fiction, which takes up most of the shelf space.

I ended up reading my homeowners insurance policy which recently arrived in the mail, trying to figure out why it went up $75 for next year. There was no clear answer to be found. I never made it out to the deck, not even to water the plants, even though it was a beautiful and comfortable day. There is a bit of regret over not relaxing on the deck, but the bee sting sustained out there a few days ago is still a bright rash on my arm and lingering paranoia in my head so I didn't feel that badly.

In the vintage suitcase that lives under the mid-century piece in the living room that holds the TV, instead of books, I found four photo albums. One album contained the photos from high school  that I was searching for a couple years ago when we were planning our class reunion. Better late than never? Maybe for the next reunion? Assuming I don’t misplace it again, anyway. 

Apparently, I needed to
conquer the motel furniture.
There are photos from when I was in college, too, which are pretty funny. Several are from a summer weekend at Hampton Beach where we toilet papered our own motel room. What the heck? Those crazy college days with plentiful toilet paper. We weren't at a bar because one friend in our group wasn't old enough, so the party was in our room. 

The reading books must be in the other vintage suitcase buried under a mega-ton of crap in the someday-it-will-be a guest room. I went up there briefly to look for something, but even with the A/C on, it was too hot and stuffy in the room to do anything in there except suffocate.

There was ice cream, my latest downfall and reason for gaining three pounds in a week, followed by more ice cream, probably putting things on track for another three this week. For the record, the Ben & Jerry’s Karmel Sutra is really good, in case you are wondering. There is also an informal study underway here at the BungaLowell of various brands of butter pecan ice cream. So far, Whole Foods 365 brand is the frontrunner. Breyer’s was hugely disappointing. Hood is up next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment