Friday, August 23, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,619 – (Friday) – downtown and homebound

There was a stop for drinks and supper downtown after work at an outside table at Warp & Weft. It was sunny and breezy enough that the drinks sheet blew off the table. My nimble colleague leapt from her seat and retrieved it. Then the specials sheet blew off the table. She got that one, too. 

We were chatting and relaxing in the comfortable air and suddenly nearly three hours had gone by. Later, the waiter's pen I was about to use to sign my debit card slip fell and landed across the sewer grate. Luckily, it didn't fall in.

Downtown at dusk.
When leaving downtown at 8:00, the sun had already set. The sky was dusky blue and downtown looked great with streetlights and storefronts aglow. 

Before long, this level of light will happen around 4:00 and that will be depressing. In the time it took to walk the couple blocks to the garage, it seemed like it had gotten dark almost immediately. 

At home, I couldn’t find KiKi. I ran the drill and checked on the stairs, under the table, behind the chair, and behind the couch. She was found behind the couch, hanging out. She remained there for an hour after I found her, and when she came out, she was ready to socialize.

Kiki lounging.
She let me stroke her face and head. She did a lap around the house and came back to me at the couch where I had a stash of her tiny, tasty treats. She ate from my hand. She stretched on the rug near the yard work sneakers from yesterday and the loafers just removed today. 

Keeks looked up at me as I sat on the couch. And then she sauntered off to sit under the dining room table. From there, she stared into the living room. We admired each other from afar. Kiki is an enchanting housemate and I'm ready to be wrapped around her little paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment