Sunday, April 28, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,503 – (Sunday) – entertainment

Instead of being exhausted from the many musical events of Friday and Saturday, it left me feeling rather invigorated. Even with evening musical events both Friday and Saturday night, I was still at home not long after 11:00, so the effect on a decent night’s sleep was minimal.

McCritters are now on the radar.
There were lessons in the busyness. The first, and perhaps most startling, is that maybe I’m not the hermit I keep telling myself (and everyone else) I am. Saturday’s solo forays to music festival sites weren’t awkward and I didn’t die being out alone in restaurants and clubs because I was more interested in the music than wasting energy feeling self-conscious. The band heard on Saturday afternoon, McCritters, is now on the radar. They were a lot of fun. Gotta love a band with a stand-up bass.

Kiki went back into the box spring several days ago, but she also came out. She seems to be alternating her time between upstairs and downstairs. She has spent entire days behind the couch and in her hidey-bed and did the usual things she likes to do before returning to the box spring. Maybe she considers it her special retreat. As long as she keeps coming out on her own, maybe I don’t need to be so concerned with her spending time in there.

Shadow Kiki is watching me.
The Sunday evening entertainment was much more sedate that the previous two nights. The 99-cent puzzle from St Vincent Thrift Store provided a quiet activity while Bridgerton Season Two played on Netflix. Both seasons have been recently binged in preparation for the new season, which premiers May 16. It is going to be a long several weeks in the meantime. 

Kiki even ventured partway down the stairs while I worked on the puzzle. She peeked at me with one eye from the shadowy space between the stair rails, and even meowed to make sure I knew she was there. Of course, she also ran away when I approached, but it still feels like progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment