Wednesday, April 3, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,478 – (Wednesday) – breezy

Breezy morning.
Once again, the morning weather forecast was misinterpreted. I saw the temperature numbers in the 40s and the periodic rain noted throughout the day, which somehow registered as choosing the lightest of my various winter coats before heading out for the office. 

Except for the stretch of road when stuck behind a trash truck, the drive to downtown was not bad. The view from my parking spot included the flag whipping on the pole atop the former Lowell Five Bank, which was a major clue to the wind. 

During the walk from the garage to the office, the air was raw and cold. It was beyond “invigorating” and deep into “crap, I screwed that up.” Somehow, I forgot that temperatures in the 40s are not created equally, and on a dreary, gray, windy day it is not the same as on a sunny, calm day. I regretted not choosing my regular warm winter coat with the hood, but the cold made me walk a lot faster than usual. Sometimes I shock myself with acting like it’s my first day in New England weather.

The rain kicked on and off all day, but there was a break that lasted long enough for me to dash to Market Street Market on a very important errand. I bought my winning lottery ticket for the big ($1 billion) Powerball drawing tonight. Yes, I’m going to win some big money, because I finally remembered to buy a ticket. Unless, of course, that is the extent of the miracles for now.

I imagined the possibilities available after I win, but it was pretty small potatoes. I didn’t really go very far beyond fixing some stuff on the house and paying off the car before I realized that was very limited thinking for a billionaire and I wouldn't be stuck in the same house. Duh. Clearly, I've been living too long in broke-ass mode. I’ll have time to work on expanding the thinking after I win.

Just in case I don’t win (ha!), I’m already mapping out my Thursday workday. There are my rare flights of fancy, but overall, I’m dreadfully practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment