Tuesday, April 9, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,484 – (Tuesday) – blue sky for now

Blue sky in Lowell.
It was another blue sky beautiful weather day and I could get used to it, even though I spent very little time outside for it. It’s comforting knowing it’s nice and seeing it out the window. There was a board meeting after work and it was very pleasant walking around downtown. The sunlight and blue sky were reflected in windows. Sunlight bathed a mural painted on the side of a building. Sunglasses were needed. It was glorious. 

Of course, the bad news is that the forecast shows rain for Wednesday through Saturday. I keep hoping there will be a major shift and we’ll get some more sunshine this week. The forever-long stretch of gray weather has gone on much too long for my taste, but I have never yet succeeded in altering the weather with my wishes.

Inside the house, two flies buzzed around in the office and kitchen during the afternoon. One was huge, approximately the size of a hummingbird, the other was tiny, and both were supremely annoying. I have no idea how they got inside, unless it was during one of the 227 times I checked the mailbox hoping for the stupid label to return the cancelled equipment for the cancelled Verizon program.

Beyond the sudden appearance of two flies on the second nice day in forever, there have been other mysteries at The BungaLowell. 

A fine microwaved mess.
Monday morning’s breakfast was prepared according to the package directions. At work, I add an unmeasured amount of hot water from the water machine to oatmeal in a cup and boom, it’s done. Yesterday, the water was measured (2/3 cup) and stirred with the instant oatmeal and put into the microwave to cook. Before it had reached the recommended time, oatmeal was flowing over the top of the bowl in a rather spectacular mess. I tried it again with another packet which came out like soup. 

This morning for breakfast, a bagel was taken from the freezer and toasted. Somehow, it was scorched in a couple spots and wet in others after the toasting. Maybe this is a sign that the usual dry granola bar is the best course for breakfast. I can’t mess it up, anyway.

Over in the win column, the bibigo brand steamed dumplings prepared for supper in the microwave did not meet with disaster and were delicious. Despite having been told by her former foster care human that Kiki doesn’t like wet food, I opened a can and put some in her food bowl with the dry food last night. This morning when I checked the bowl, the wet food was gone. I have never been so pleased when looking in a bowl of pet food.

No comments:

Post a Comment