Tuesday, November 29, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 987 (Tuesday) – dream life

There have been years when Christmas shopping was started on or before Black Friday, and completed on or before Cyber Monday. This year, the list was written around Veteran’s Day, but that is pretty much where the progress stopped and it is still just a list of names. Gift ideas have been sparse (nonexistent) and only one gift has been ordered, inspired by a sponsored social media ad from Land's End. So yes, I guess ads work. So do great sales discounts. 

The dream life.
Maybe once I decorate some inspiration will hit for the rest of the list. Of course, the decorating is also behind schedule. The loose plan was to start decorating Thanksgiving night and finish over the weekend. For whatever reason, mostly laziness and the feeling that if is just more work, this did not happen. 

The ongoing, informal study of inertia continues, and I’m feeling like it's a real strength. This may be my true calling, and if I can figure out how to make money by being lazy and avoiding household tasks, I would be all set. I wish Winston would get off his butt and make some money to support me in the manner to which I would like to become accustomed, which is basically a carbon copy of his dream life of sleeping all day with brief pauses to eat.

Sigh. A girl can dream. Until then, it’s the old-fashioned way of life dominated by working and saving, peppered with watching the stock market devour the IRA and the 401k and crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment