Friday, November 25, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 983 (Friday) – slambovian

There was a meetup with friends for dinner and a show at Bull Run Restaurant in Shirley, Mass. My friends have known of the band, The Slambovian Circus of Dreams, and regularly attend the local shows. They also knew I would like the band, because, well, they know me. And we share similar tastes in arts and music. 

The Slambovian Circus of Dreams.

The show was great. A well-tuned, polished, electronic folk band out of upstate New York. They spent time this past summer in England playing festivals, and now they are back in New England. 

The band includes one musician who played an entire toybox of instruments – electric keyboard, accordion, tambourine, recorder, flute, and probably a couple more I missed. The bass player had waist-length silky blond hair, smiled a lot, was very energetic, and also played keyboards. Musically, the band sounded great, and it felt like they were having fun.

It was a night of firsts for me. First time at the venue, first time seeing the band, first time meeting a couple of my friends’ friends. Now, looking forward to seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment