Tuesday, November 8, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 966 (Tuesday) – hello kitty

Canine Overlord Winston “oofed” me awake at 4:38 a.m. While he did his business on the front lawn, I looked skyward as usual. The dipper (Big? Little? I dunno), which recently sat squarely over the nuisance house across the street, was over the middle of the street. And not far from it, the full moon hovered with a bite in shadow as the eclipse progressed. For a nanosecond, the idea was to stay up and watch the eclipse, but I was just too tired to sacrifice 1.5 more hours of sleep.

In a miraculous hustle, after the 6:15 alarm sounded, I dressed, fed and medicated Win, reviewed the ballot questions, wrote my choices on a bit of paper, and was out the door by 7:15 to go vote. It took three trips around the block to find a parking spot at my recently relocated voting place. The lot at the school was full, as were the on-street spots posted with “Resident Sticker Parking Only” signs. This never happened at the old spot.

It wasn’t crowded inside and there was no wait. The three sheet, two-sided ballot felt a bit daunting. Thank goodness for the cheat sheet in my pocket. I was back home with time to sit with Winston and drink some coffee before logging in at 8:00 for a remote work day. Win's puffy mouth of yesterday is back to normal.

After the energetic start, the day continued on a pleasant trajectory. Four pieces of writing done for our website had been approved and were ready to load into the content management system. Steps were made on other projects. Progress feels really good. 

Hello Kitty!
From the desk, I saw a white cat wander the yard, make a poop offering upon the lawn, then dart across the yard towards the side deck. In true sleuth fashion, I headed into the dining room to see where Kitty was next.  It was wandering the deck, where it paused at the sliders to look at me with its one blue eye and one green eye before turning and bolting from between the deck fence rails. Kitty has some massive front paw thumb things.

According to sources found on the Internet, white cats make up only 5% of the total cat population and are a sign of good luck and bring good fortune. So there’s that. I feel luckier already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment