Friday, September 30, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 927 (Friday) – sales and tasks

The drive to work started early and the route taken was the one that goes through the university traffic and past the Post Office and the high school. The reason for the route was to stop at the Post Office, which, according to the website, opens at 7:30. Before 8:00, I entered the quiet, dim, near dungeon-like space of the Father Morrisette location.

A small woman in a red turban stood in line with a box strapped to a rolling cart. Several feet further back, stood a man, then me with my package. There was nobody in an official capacity in sight for a couple minutes until a woman appeared from the back room. By then, there were six of us in line. She tapped her fingers on a keyboard with what seemed like a bit of drama, raised her head to look at the line and said, “Computer is still down.” Technology. It’s great when it works.

I left. The box had been sitting on my dining room table for a week, and it would have to wait a bit longer. Just beyond the Post Office is the high school and past that is the parking garage, and I was at my desk early. 

Quick sale score!

Around 2:00, I bolted from my desk and made a dash for the Post Office. The timing was treacherous, as the high school releases a swarm of students to waiting buses and parental autos at around 2:30. The transportation convoy was already lining up.

The Post Office was functional, the line was short, and I was out of there in record time. This allowed time to go to CVS for the prescription. A call had come in that it was ready. The pick up was as speedy as the postal drop off, and a few minutes was taken to grab some of the multivitamins and the lower dosage D3 that will be needed in nine weeks after the high dose regimen. The buy one get one free special was still in effect. 

On the way to the register, I ducked down an aisle to look for candy, but found the Nature Valley granola bars I like instead. And they were on sale for $1.99, a price not seen for about four years. Talk about good luck. 

In just a bit over 30 minutes, there was the quick walk to and from the garage, two errands, and a great sale. It was the most productive break since CVS left downtown. Back at the desk, the first 50,000 vitamin D dose was taken. And away we go on the vitamin adventure. I also realized there was a $2.00 coupon on the pharmacy receipt that could have used on the other items. Now, I'm tempted to go back and stock up big on vitamins and granola bars and use the coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment