Thursday, September 15, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 912 (Thursday) – dinner and show

Crazy Noodle at Blue Taleh.
The night featured dinner downtown at Blue Taleh (Crazy Noodle with tofu for me) and a performance of The 39 Steps at Merrimack Repertory Theater down the street. Our group was three, two current bankers and a retired banker, and we relaxed and chatted over dinner before walking over to the show for a laugh. 

MRT always a great job with their sets, and tonight’s show was no different. There were fun effects with lighting and sound and the show was a bit zany and reminded me a bit of Monty Python’s Flying Circus, which I loved as a teen. The cast did a terrific job handling multiple roles.

The weather had been crisp and autumnal and a leather jacket was grabbed before heading out. Thank goodness. I was chilly in the restaurant, and then during the second act of the play, an air conditioning vent kicked on overhead and I was really cold, even with the coat over my shoulders. 

Stage set for The 39 Steps at MRT.
The theatrics didn’t end when I left the theater. As I sat at the red light at the bridge on University Avenue, clad in my leather jacket and long sleeve winter top, two college-age girls stood at the street light waiting to cross. 

Completely unfazed by the chill of the 56-degree weather, they were dressed in tiny denim cutoff shorts, itty bitty string bikini bathing suit tops, sneakers, and summer weave straw cowboy hats. When the light changed, they western danced diagonally across the intersection while I shivered in the car. Oh, to be young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment