Saturday, October 1, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 928 (Saturday) – chillin with plans

October has arrived. I did not say “Rabbit, Rabbit” first thing this morning, mostly because I don’t understand it and think it’s dumb, but I probably think it’s dumb because I don’t understand it. My first words were “Oh, Winnie, it’s 8:00! How did we sleep so late today? You’re a good boy letting Mumma sleep,” while simultaneously thinking “It’s probably because you had me up at 3:30 and now that's two hours of coffee, news, and word games lost.”

Despite the delayed start, the day began with the best of intentions. Multiple local and regional Facebook events had been flagged as “interested.” There was a walking tour, a Blacksmith Festival with a Renaissance component, an artist open house, an art show reception, and an Octoberfest at the local brewery.

It was chilly, and when I got up, I pulled on jeans with my pajama top and threw on a sweatshirt with smears of “French Bulldog” black paint from when I painted the basement stair risers at my house in Tennessee. The intent was to choose one or more of the events, change into appropriate outdoor or indoor attire, and be gone from the house on an adventure. 

The reality was I never left the house. Maybe if I had properly dressed. Maybe if it hadn’t been so chilly. Maybe if I wasn’t using the freshly diagnosed vitamin D deficiency as the latest excuse to justify being tired/lazy. Maybe, maybe.

The day wasn’t a total waste, however. From the couch command post with a laptop on the lap and the cell phone nearby, very important plans were being set in motion. It has been far too long (since 2017), and lately, it feels especially important to have something big and exciting to look forward to.

The passport renewed last year will finally be used. And now there can be six months of anticipation and growing excitement. Six months of learning some phrases in yet another new foreign language. Six months of planning a travel wardrobe for an amazing European destination. Six months of researching and planning museums and day trips and wine and eating like locals. Rome, you better get ready, because my friends and I are coming. Yay!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Tammy the future trip will be something to look forward to for all these dreary winter like days

    ReplyDelete