Saturday, June 19, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 460 (Saturday)

Another gorgeous day. While sipping morning coffee, several entertainments were considered which included the beach, attending some of the Juneteenth activities in town, and meeting my sister after she got done working. An errand was run downtown to drop off prepackaged cookies for an art reception. This ended up being the day's only success story. There was no beach, no community activities, and no sister meeting, but she and I talked on the phone.

False Hope on page 259.
Exciting and interesting social activities may not have been attended, but the reading of the Jeep manual continues. The technology is having a slightly steeper learning curve than I thought. I was excited on page 259 upon seeing a section titled "Disc Operation (If Equipped)" and rummaged through the center console in hopes of finding a remote disc player. It was false hope. I am not equipped. 

I knew the six-disc player in the Honda would be missed, but I feel like I’m in mourning. It was the perfect way to set my brain for upcoming activities. The 45-minute drive to belly dance class was perfect for one of the several belly dance music discs. Latin church hymns sung by Beth Nielsen Chapman were a calming influence and road rage preventative on the highway and became my “495 disc.” I might be able to live without the hymns, although it would be amusing if I was ever pulled over and Ave Maria was blasting. The inability to find a belly dance or Middle Eastern music channel on Sirius is just adding insult to injury. I can't even get the stupid stations to play that I chose after receiving the Sirius Welcome email. 

The next approach may be an MP3 player and quality time spent ripping discs. Or not. Yes, I know phones can stream music, but my specific phone is literally full and there are daily messages about how some things may not function properly, and I keep having to delete apps and photos. My stupid One Cloud is also full. You know what is practically empty? The hard drives on two laptops, chosen for the ample storage space. For whatever annoying reason, everything defaults to One Cloud, and I haven’t been able to figure out how to reset that, but the One Cloud folks are offering to sell me more space. Umm… no thanks. My pockets have enough subscription hands in them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment