Tuesday, June 15, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 456 (Tuesday)

Today was mostly just another nondescript day. Gray-ish. Busy-ish with touches of stress and mystery and wild weather just to spice things up. There was thunder, rain, lightning, heavier rain, then it was quiet and the sky cleared a bit. Recycling was picked up today, a day late. The truck wasn’t the normal automated truck with the arms that pick up the barrels, empty them, and replace them neatly. There was a man emptying the barrels by hand into the back of the truck. Upon departure, there was a trail of empty barrels strewn willy-nilly, giving the appearance the street had been ransacked.

The Canine Overlords are a puzzle. Winston wasn’t interested in his special prescription kibble breakfast, and because I had added water to it (like always) it was ruined after a while and chucked. At over $60 for the bag, it costs more than a week’s groceries, so I was highly displeased by the rejection of the precious nuggets. Winston slept most of the day. Moose was also not interested in his food, but eventually ate it before quietly laying around under my desk all day. I hope it’s the weather keeping them mellow and not that I have two unwell dogs. The vet bills have been unbearable lately.

Current reading list.
The reading of the lengthy Jeep manual continues. It’s pretty dry, with lots of references like (if equipped) and I don’t know of my vehicle is equipped or not, so it’s slow going. It’s not nearly as fun as the Steve Martin book I’m rereading, The Pleasure of My Company. It’s well written and short (163 pages), which are a couple of my preferences for books lately, when I even bother to read one. 

What really needs rationing is screen time, but it will probably take a full rehabilitation or detox program for that. But it would clear more time for reading short books.

No comments:

Post a Comment