Sunday, June 13, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 454 (Sunday)

Dance day!
Today featured a resurrection of sorts. For the first time since March 8, 2020, my belly dance practice clothes were dug out, dance belt and zills dusted off, and my class met to dance. It was great. To work off the rust, we reviewed the basics. There were shimmies and hip drops and chest lifts and snake arms. It is a reasonable certainty that I will be sore Monday, but it will be a good sore, not like the usual soreness of the past 15 months. Sitting in a mail order office chair not from an office supply or designed for long stints for roughly nine hours a day followed by a lumpy futon all evening and not much else was probably not the best “fitness” plan since beginning Remoted life. 

After class, my sister, one niece, Dad, and I met for ice cream for an early Father’s Day meetup. There is a lot going on the next couple weeks, especially in my sister’s world, so we needed to think a few steps ahead. This means my lunch was a small hot fudge sundae with caramel pretzel ice cream and it was really good. I feel less guilty about my ice cream consumption since my physical a few weeks ago. It turns out ice cream and cheese, which I was worried about possibly having too much of, is okay for me given my general avoidance of red meat.

It was a breezy, sunny day, and we sat under the metal shade shelter, wondering was making the sound like rain hitting the metal when it wasn’t raining. We also analyzed the various sounds and groaning noise patterns of the building’s compressor until it stopped making any noise at all and we then wondered if all the ice cream inside would melt. We aren’t totally weird, we also talked about regular things like the weather, availability of construction materials, prefabricated residential structures, and the gas mileage of luxury RVs. It was a nice visit, nice day to be outside, nice time dancing, basically nice everything.

1 comment: