Saturday, June 12, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 453 (Saturday)

Vacuuming in progress.
Today saw some house cleaning with the vacuuming of the super annoying kitchen rug. The rug is made with rags woven in ribs. Aesthetically, it looks great, but the spaces between the ribs collect dog hair and dirt and take a solid 30 minutes to clean with the vacuum's crevice attachment. Every time I work across the rug row by row, I’m glad I didn’t buy the larger size. At least the effort shows when it’s all done. This is the same rug that was cleaned with snow in the winter, the other time I was glad it was not a larger rug.

There was a trip to the St. Vincent Thrift Store in search of my shopping Holy Grail – more 8” soup bowls in the blue willow pattern. I have three such bowls, purchased for about $1 each at Lincoln Discount back when I was married to ex-husband #1 and lived in Fitchburg. There was originally a fourth bowl that was broken countless years ago. Bowls now are a smaller circumference and deep. I want the traditional shallow soup bowl where the scalding soup cools quicker. It is a ridiculous search that has gone on for years. I found some through Replacements Ltd., but they cost about $14 each and I don’t want them that much.

Worth the $1.98.
At St. Vincent’s I found a white cotton shirt with dots and a yellow patterned cotton sweater for the delightful sale price of 99 cents each. I love the sale tags. Now I need to choose the items that will be donated out the door. 

The lingering daylight at 8:45 has me all confused with the time. When it’s finally getting dark at 9:00, my head thinks it still 7:00. Then bam! It’s bedtime. Crazy. Disorienting. I wish the light was late like this longer in the year. By the time I start to get used to it, we hit the solstice and the sun starts setting earlier again.

No comments:

Post a Comment