Monday, June 14, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 455 (Monday)

Cuh-razy, busy day. Lots of emails, lots of projects in play, lots of little surprises landing in my lap. While work was busy for me and it was also fun to be juggling projects and tasks and even crossing a thing or two off the list, the dogs slept. The weather was gray and wet and required indoor lighting but it seemed to work to maintain a steady pace of productivity with none of the distractions of nice weather.

There was a call from my helpful Jeep sales guy followed by a call by me to the auto insurance company which included 25 glorious minutes on hold before a ten-minute call to nudge the policy transfer paperwork along. Twenty-five minutes of listening to on-hold music that would skip at a certain point, then continue on as it looped through, over and over. It was background noise like in a dental office and I forgot I was on hold for a while as I worked. 

The helpful insurance guy had things moving quickly and a couple hours later helpful Jeep guy was back on the phone letting me know he would be delivering my chariot shortly. At 4:45, it rolled into the driveway, where it looks really nice. Now, the next step is finalizing the transfer of the Honda to its next home-base driveway.

Greenish grayish new ride with no
puddle setting in the terrain options.
After work, did I drive around in the gray day rain in my new grayish greenish ride like most owners of a new and exciting vehicle? I did not. I sat on the couch thumbing through the thin and user-friendly Quick Reference Guide, and the much thicker, awkwardly sized 330-page User Guide. Maybe I’d be driving around if it was nicer out, or if there was an errand to run, or if I actually liked to drive around aimlessly like so many other people. For now, the Jeep sits in the puddle lake at the end of the driveway. While I have Select Terrain settings for snow, sand, and mud, there is no puddle or water setting. Trailhawks have a rock setting, I wonder if there is some model with a water flotation setting.

Tomorrow, there are actual errands because I need a can of dog food and today’s vehicle delivery inadvertently didn't include any of the paperwork for the transaction, the financing, or anything beyond the Registration and State Inspection Report and I’m going to the dealership to pick it up and also find out about a replacement for the missing spare key fob. As one who chronically misplaces the main keys and routinely grabs the spare set, and having once misplaced my keys for nearly a month, I’m not comfortable without a backup. It will sort itself out and I just need to not misplace the fob in the meantime. Easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment