Monday, March 29, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 378 (Monday)

The day had a confusing start. Dogs were fed and let outside and back in, Winston’s insulin shot was administered, coffee was made. All was normal, except when the coffee was poured, it was a sheer tan color in the pot and extra white and creamy when poured into nondairy creamer in the cup. A look inside the filter basket revealed that the usual cinnamon had been put in the filter, but not the coffee grounds. Accidental cinnamon water was not going to cut it as a morning beverage, and a new pot was made, including coffee this time. This mystery is still unsolved. 

The innocent  looking latch is
out for my beltloops.
While putting the lone, not-quite-full trash bag into the trash barrel to roll it to the curb for pickup, a beltloop on my pants caught on the gate latch, jerking me back and nearly ripping the loop off my black pants. I don’t understand how this keeps happening, but it feels like the gate latch is out to get me. Ditto for the screws that hold the windows in the kitchen storm door and have succeeded in tearing a loop off my blueish-gray pinwale corduroys from pandemic work wardrobe collection. 

It was a day for good news. Dad had a test scheduled for this morning and by 1:00 I received word it went well. He is now liberated of a blood clot and has two stents installed. He sounded good on the phone and was told he may be home tomorrow.

My Medical Monday trend continued with the cardiologist follow-up, which was changed from an office visit to a phone call and spared me driving back and forth to Chelmsford. He said the stress test and echocardiogram show no signs of heart issues. That’s great, but doesn’t shed any light on why I was nauseated for hours after shoveling and chopping ice. Things to keep an eye on.

At least I can stop worrying I’ll drop dead if I run up the stairs in the house. Activities put on hold after the tech doing the stress test told me not to do anything that would elevate my heart rate can be resumed. Like snow shoeing, except the snow is gone now. And skiing, but, um… feels late for that. But it’s hiking season, and there is dancing, and it will be great to stop playing dead and act like a live human again.

No comments:

Post a Comment