Tuesday, September 10, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,637 – (Tuesday) – seasonal shifts

The summer seems to have picked up its toys and left the playground in the past few days, ready to give it all up for autumn. That viewpoint could be skewed by my not spending much time outside recently, or for most of the summer. And the tips of the tree limbs exhibiting red-leafed tips.

I'm unfortunately less tapped in to the outside temperature in digital readout since the home screen display on my phone has decided to change things up and no longer display the time and temperature. It happened last week around the same time I finally got the car dashboard cluster changed from Italian back to English, which required changing the radio panel setting from English to French and then back to English. Go figure. And thanks to whoever posted that trick on the Jeep Renegade Online Forum. Now I need the same for the phone. 

Much to the joy of my wallet, the house has been running comfortably without the A/C on and with windows open for a couple weeks. It’s been great sleeping with a bedroom window open a few inches and I haven’t woken up 100 times overnight like I did all summer. For the past two or three days, it’s even felt chilly when I got up. The thermostat read 67 degrees this morning with all downstairs windows closed. It might be a false start, but it seems like the seasons are changing over.

Glass cruet on a
September morning.
It's dark earlier in the evening, and the light is different in the mornings, too. It’s darker when I get up, and the blinds need to be opened when I work in my little home office. 

This morning around 8:00 or a bit later, as I refilled my coffee mug while the computer did whatever it is that takes it forever to be operational each day, the angle of the sun was low and shining on the pressed glass salad dressing cruet that currently sits on the kitchen windowsill. It was kind of pretty, and I was glad to have noticed it. Sometimes I forget to pay attention and just charge through the days with blinders on. Other times, I am mindful enough to pause and admire the sun illuminating a cheap piece of glass that came with a salad dressing mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment