Tuesday, May 28, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,531 – (Tuesday) – paint and pizza

The head was less achey today and that is a good thing. It was a lazy day with a lot of sitting around.

The finalists.
More painting prep research was done. It started with wanting to know if I should wipe down the walls with vinegar and water or water and dish soap or just a dry cloth, but ended spiraling down a rabbit hole of paint company dissertations about how many coats of primer to start with. 

The challenge is painting a lighter color (a blue-ish gray “Solitude” in Sherwin Williams speak) over a darker color (murder scene red in my words). One site recommended two coats of primer before applying the new color, which would mean painting the room three times. Cripes. 

This has the thinking swinging back to the original idea of a dark blue (“Nightfall” in the Valspar world). Or skipping the project altogether because I’m numb enough to the red now and don’t even notice it. It’s not a room where I spend much quality awake time.

Current crime scene.
I almost left the house to go to St. Vincent de Paul and drop off a bag of donations, but I knew full well that I would not just drop the bag off in the bins inside the vestibule and leave. History dictates that I would be inside that shop and looking around. There is no after hours drop-off either.

On the food front, the preferred pizza delivery shop has been sending weekly emails for at least a month with an online ordering offer for a half-off appetizer with a large pizza, Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 5:00. The email had an “order now” button, which I have tried several times. No discount has ever shown in the order and I have bailed every time. 

Yesterday another email came with the offer, and around 4:00, I tried to buy a large pizza and half price appetizer. Nope. No discount. No code to enter. It was tried again today, and again, there was no discount.

I wanted the stupid deal enough to call. When I know there is an online order option, I don’t deal with the process of calling and having to talk to someone. The guy who answered the phone had no clue about the special, but he yelled to the shop at large (and in my ear) and a woman’s voice responded with all the details, including that it’s an online only offer. Right. And it doesn’t work.

They tested the online order in the shop on their website and it didn’t work, so at least it isn’t just me. I’m guessing they have not seen much of an uptick in the weekday afternoon business over the past month with the defective program. My online order special was taken over the phone. Pizza and Cowboy Bites arrived.

Maybe the accomplishment for my day was alerting the pizza place to the problem they didn’t know they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment