Thursday, May 16, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,519 – (Thursday) – surprise and wonderment

Work has been delivering surprises and wonderment. The surprise extreme short-notice projects keep rolling in and heaping onto already overloaded plates. I wonder how much longer the team can hang on before we all end up incapacitated from heart attacks or strokes. Or incarcerated for murder. 

Zills workshop!
Beyond work, there were also surprises. I recently signed up and paid for an online program for playing zills, then forgot about it. The daily announcements were routed to my email spam account, while the fake emails about orders at places I don’t shop with landed in the inbox. 

Today was day three of the program, and I finally remembered about the program. There was a bit of catching up to do after work, so my zills were gathered and the program logged in to. I got through day one and most of day two but it was getting a little frustrating so it was time to redirect my energy. The "musical counting method" really threw me off so some of my counts were closer to swears. I wonder if swears are a counting method. 

Dahlia no longer
distressed.
I switched gears to reviewing photo files for possible show entries. It started out fun, but after nearly an hour of it which included choking up a bit when seeing pictures of Moose or Winston, the clock read 7:45 and I just needed to step away from the laptop.

A quick visit outside to the front yard to check the mailbox and look around at the world beyond my computer screen revealed a nice surprise. The dahlia bought last Saturday at Lowes from the distressed plant discount rack (which look more tired than distressed) bloomed. Being in the ground and the recent sunshine and the rain overnight seem to have helped. I wonder why the holes I dig for myself don’t have the same restorative powers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment