Monday, September 25, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,287 – (Monday) – big chill

The first three days of fall have come and gone. The temperature outside the house has been around the high 50s to low 60s. The temperature inside the house has hovered around the usual range of 65 to 69. And yet, I’m chilly like it’s the dead of winter. Pathetic! 

Peach tea.

I have run full speed into my sweaters, which are now liberated from their plastic storage bags. There have been bowls of hot soup, which were launched with the rain, days before the magical seasonal change noted on the calendar. 

Sitting on the couch now requires a blanket. Ice water and I are now on the outs. It’s now the seasonal return to a renewed steady stream of steaming beverages – coffee in the morning, and endless cups of hot tea in a rotation of the fruity flavors of raspberry, black cherry, and peach from noon onward. 

The heavy usage of mugs will now dictate the frequency of the dishwasher usage, replacing the previous benchmark of no more lunch plates in the cabinet.

There is a full awareness that this heightened level of chilly weenie-ness is excessive, even for me. The concern is, if I’m this cold in September when it isn’t even cold yet, what am I going to do when the weather actually turns cold? Oy. Maybe I should start looking for a home in a warmer location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment